We are excited to announce our Summer Friday Social Dance sessions for 2019. For the first time ever we will be doing two classes every Friday!
- Beginning Hustle Swing June 14 — July 19 (no class July 5), 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- Beginning Salsa June 14 — July 19 (no class July 5), 7:15-8:15 p.m.
- Beginning Rumba July 26 — August 23, 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- Salsa 2 July 26 — August 23, 7:15-8:15 p.m.
No partner is required for these fun, friendly 5-week sessions. Instructor Brennen Renteria will teach you all the basics plus a lot of fun moves you can show off on the dance floor. In our new Salsa 2 class students who have taken Beginning Salsa either at GDS or elsewhere can learn even more fun salsa dance moves.
The classes build session by session, so students should plan to take all five classes. If you can’t make it for the first class you can start week two, but after that the session is closed to new students. Single classes are $15 ($10 student/pro) or buy a 5-class card for $65 ($50 student/pro). If you are new to Glenwood Dance Studio try our new student offer — 5 classes for $40!
All classes meet Fridays from either 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. or from 7:15 to 8:15 p.m. Sign up one of three ways:
- Register at the studio when you come for class (please come 10 minutes early to do this)
- Sign up online by registering for the first class.
- Sign up on your phone with the Mindbody App.
Not sure what the “Hustle Swing” is? This fun form of swing dance was born in the disco era, and it is a great dance for beginners. Here is a sample:
Rumba is basically like slow-dance salsa. It is a great dance to know for when you are out salsa dancing and a slow song comes on! Here is an example: